Friday, July 11, 2008

Creativity Watch and Synchronistic events....

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events which occur in a meaningful manner, but which are causally un-related. In order to be 'synchronistic', the events must be related to one another temporally, and the chance that they would occur together by random chance must be very small.

Yesterday I posted information about vandalism within the story about graffiti and vandalism....... Today I go to meet a friend for a tea or two and come across the original art work



View from the car.....








Not only have I constantly driven past this Graffiti aptly called 'Vandalism is Art' but the supporting wall used to be my cousin's shop!!!......














Now it gets better as I park my car to meet my friend I come across another piece of Graffiti and again I have passed this street on a dozen occasions and I have never seen this piece of work....












I don't know who this artist is but his work is really nice.......















This piece of work is in Union Walk Bethnal Green....

5 comments:

vk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vk said...

Synchronistic events-they compel us to think and they change our lives. After reading your previous post on graffiti, I must admit that if I awoke one morning to find that someone had sprayed a mural on my home I would be outraged. And then today I see these beautiful works of art on the sides of public buildings and I awe at their beauty. No doubt the cutback in programs that allow young people to express their artistic talents have played a part in the rise of graffiti. However, I wonder if the idea of so many people seeing their talent or form of expression is what drives them to take the chance of being labeled a criminal.

MckayK

creativehealinggoddess said...

Thank you VK for your comments
especially the last part ..
about the graffiti artists work being seen and admired that may make them take chances of being labeled a criminal -your comments make me think about that side, to be noticed and admired by people and peer alike must be a deciding factor.

Thank you for your insight.

YogaforCynics said...

Wow--that is an impressive, beautiful piece of street art--like someone emerging from the dank wall, kind of a metaphor for creativity.....
You live in London? (I vaguely recognize the name "Bethnal Green"). I live in Philly, USA, where murals are encouraged by the city, so, when I see things like that, I assume they're legal. Perhaps that's not how it is where you are?

creativehealinggoddess said...

Thank you for your post Yogaforcynics (nice name). Over here Graffiti is classed as vandalism see my post on Graffiti Art /Vandalism, and there is no place for it in our nice London streets, even corners...

I think the graffiti is a part of London. Love it or hate it...so I like to keep up with this type of expression.

Yes I do live in London and very close to Bethnal Green which is a hub of media types and young creatives. It like Camden in the eighties/nineties which now is home to Starbucks and friends.

Lets hope their creative wings aren't clipped too soon.


Marilyn

Free Stuff

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs