As an avid buyer of organic produce I was very pleased to see this box land in my class room ( I teach adults once a week for my sins). anyway back to my second favorite subject 'food'. Jacqueline who is now a qualified Non medical Nutritionist also has a very good allotment, and she regularly drops with a bag of goodies fresh from Mother Earth.
If I had to buy of these vegetables it would set me about £10 or more, suffice to say the vegetables are and were delicious.....look at the giant carrot.
The basket had; Beetroot, Carrots, Beans, Curly kale, Broccoli and Tomatoes all organic yum.
Beetroot is so good especially for this time of year especially for women who have heavy menstruation. I would advise that it is eaten raw for extra benefit.
Contents of beetroot.
*Sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iodine, iron, copper, Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C.
- Beetroot provides a good source of anthocyanadins, a natural antioxidant that contributes to its deep red colour
- Extract is a natural source of vitamins and minerals
- Beetroot is used traditionally as a blood building food
- Beetroot may aid the natural process of elimination and support detoxification processes
- Beetroot has liver, spleen, gall bladder and kidney cleansing properties
- Beetroot is particularly rich in Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus and iron
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, this neutralizes free radicals before they can cause damage to the body .
For more info on seasonal food check out, my friend's site: Fight disease through Holistic Health