Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jaqueline's Allotment
















As an avid buyer of organic produce I was very pleased to see this box land in my class room ( I teach adults once a week for my sins). anyway back to my second favorite subject 'food'. Jacqueline who is now a qualified Non medical Nutritionist also has a very good allotment, and she regularly drops with a bag of goodies fresh from Mother Earth.

If I had to buy of these vegetables it would set me about £10 or more, suffice to say the vegetables are and were delicious.....look at the giant carrot.

The basket had; Beetroot, Carrots, Beans, Curly kale, Broccoli and Tomatoes all organic yum.

Beetroot is so good especially for this time of year especially for women who have heavy menstruation. I would advise that it is eaten raw for extra benefit.

Contents of beetroot.

*Sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iodine, iron, copper, Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C.
  • Beetroot provides a good source of anthocyanadins, a natural antioxidant that contributes to its deep red colour
  • Extract is a natural source of vitamins and minerals
  • Beetroot is used traditionally as a blood building food
  • Beetroot may aid the natural process of elimination and support detoxification processes
  • Beetroot has liver, spleen, gall bladder and kidney cleansing properties
  • Beetroot is particularly rich in Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus and iron
Tomatoes

Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, this neutralizes free radicals before they can cause damage to the body .
source http://fruitsnvegetables.com

For more info on seasonal food check out, my friend's site: Fight disease through Holistic Health

3 comments:

miss*R said...

oh wow! organic is the best!! I buy mostly organic or grow my own. It is suprising how different it all tastes. In a perfect world we would all be eating organically. There are so many chemicals in every food item that we buy. No wonder our livers are struggling
fantastic site you have here. :)

creativehealinggoddess said...

Thank you R* one day I hope to have food garden like your own....

Anonymous said...

elitist uncited permalink illiteracy carter lectured fofuekzrk inbox depno exposures mocking
lolikneri havaqatsu

Free Stuff

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs