Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Next Chapter ~Wreck This Journal~Week One and Two



Welcome to the New Home of my 'Next Chapter' blog home
I have decided to place this phase of the book group for 'Wreck this Journal' on this blog as its time to scale down, it also felt right...


Unlike the idea of Wrecking a Journal ....
When Book group creatrix Jamie Ridler notified us that we were going to be working with this book I was excited. However when the book came I just stared at it perplexed, telling myself 'this was not going to be fun anymore' lol. So I put the book down for a few days, anyway after poking holes and scribbling in my book I realised that

a) I didn't have to cook a meal so that I could spill rub it in my food (that will come)
b) I didn't have to climb the tree that houses the Magpie family just so I could drop the book from a great height.
c) I didn't have to worry about 'the right way' to wreck the journal just enjoy the process....

At first I worried about how much wrecking to do etc etc but then I checked out Jamie's post and she said that we its best to pace ourselves as this group gos on till July very true ..... even destruction has its own time.

Also after reading blogs about firecrackers and friends stealing the journal I feel that its time to enjoy my self with the journal and not take it so seriously.

Normally I am very controlled with my entries, but the influence 'outside the box' nature of this book saw me post week 1 and week 2 together, yes I am just enjoying the process of wrecking my journal...

p.s the book has disappeared and gone for a walk ????

9 comments:

Victoria Brouhard said...

This book seems so innocent with its invitation to destroy it. Yet, if we're open, the process allows for so many deep insights into our patterns and tendencies. Really amazing stuff.

Happy wrecking!

Kirby3131 said...

I do hope you enjoy wrecking your journal. I am a little nervous how I'm going to get everything done, but I figure by the time I get to that page, I'll be able to do it.

elinjanne said...

I hope the journal has returened home after the walk. :)
-elin-

Genie Sea said...

Here's to letting loose and letting go! I wonder what adventures your journal is on? :)

Scarlet said...

When I skimmed through the book, I was thinking the same thing. What am I gonna do?? Then my 12-yr old daughter read through it and said, "You're not really going to take this book for a walk are you??" (I hadn't read that part yet.)

I promised her I'd do EVERYTHING it says to do...and now she wants her own copy of the journal. :)

Good luck with yours!! Enjoy it at your own pace.

Rowena said...

As I've read through this book, I've decided that it does not have to be wrecked all at once. I'm taking it as a progressive wreckage. One sticky stain here, a phrase there, a fruit sticker there, a stamp stuck into the binding here, and outline there, a smudge wherever.

I keep going back to see what else I can do to various pages. Or where my inspiration might lead next.

What's weird is that every time I look through the book, I come upon an instruction that I don't remember seeing, or perhaps just skimmed over as not interesting.

Jamie Ridler said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're enjoying the process. I love that you climbed a tree!

Here's to taking the book (and ourselves) less seriously! I'm imagining less-controlled blog posts are just the beginning :)

hugs,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

same here, I read and reread and everytime seem to find a new page.. i must be trying to lose them
judi in louisiana

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd love to congratulate you for such a great made site!
thought this would be a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/bowling-party-supplies.html]bowling Party Supplies[/url].

Free Stuff

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs